Monday, August 27, 2012

This is my much shorter version of Chicken & Dumplings, but I think it's just as tasty! My Mom always made biscuit dumplings, and my hubby's Mom always used these frozen dumplings. I like them both and switch them out :)


SHORTCUT CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

2 packs chicken tenders (about 12-14 small tenders)

1 ( 14.5-ounce) can chicken broth

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

2 tablespoons chicken granules

1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder (add more if you like)

1 teaspoon Zatterans (optional)

1 small pack frozen dumplings (I use Mary B’s)

Place chicken in a large pot and sprinkle with seasonings.  Pour chicken broth over chicken then add enough water until it just covers all the chicken tenders and then bring to a boil.  As soon as it is boiling, stir and turn down the heat as low as it will go.  Cover with a tight-fitting lid, and simmer on low for 35 minutes.  Now remove chicken tenders with a slotted spoon and set aside.  Now add soup and seasonings and stir well.  Add the frozen dumplings, breaking each one into thirds.  Carefully stir the dumplings, cover and simmer on low for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.  Add the chicken tenders back to the pot with the dumplings and let simmer for 15 more minutes.   My family loves for me to serve mashed potatoes and green peas with this.  Enjoy J

1 comment: