Saturday, August 18, 2012

I love, love fresh garden tomatoes, and I'm sad that it's the time of year where I won't be able to get them anymore until next spring! I wanted to share my recipe for these little heavenly tomato sandwiches. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do :)






Open-face Tomato Sandwiches
1 French Baguette
¼ cup mayo
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
¼ t. salt and pepper
4 small tomatoes sliced
Mix mayo, cream cheese, basil,  garlic salt, salt and pepper together.  Cover and chill 8 hours.  Spread on baguette slices and top each with a slice of tomato then garnish each with a little piece of fresh basil. 



2 comments:

  1. These look delicious and easy enough for me to make! I'm so glad I found your blog...my family will be happy too!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy,

      Thank you so much! I'm so glad you found my blog, too :) Hope you'll test my recipes out. Most of them are very simple. We moms are all so busy these days, and I am all about quick, easy -- but delicious -- recipes :)

      Take cae,

      Melissa

      Delete