Monday, October 13, 2014

Ice Cream Bread: Are you kidding? I saw this recipe in one of my old cookbooks and set out to prove that it was a misprint and it would not work. Well, I was wrong! It baked up beautifully and tasted delicious! The recipe I saw only called for ice cream and self-rising flour. I added the 2 bananas and a little sugar. I can't wait to experiment with other flavors of ice cream :) Enjoy!


ICE CREAM BREAD

I know this sounds insane, but I promise, it works and it’s delicious! 

1 Pint of your favorite ice cream (I used Butter Pecan)

1 ½ cups self-rising flour

1 tablespoon sugar

2 very mushy bananas (optional)

Mix all together with an electric mixer, pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Let cool completely before cutting.  I like to wrap the bread in saran wrap overnight and serve it the next day.  You could even toast it and spread your favorite jam onto it.  Enjoy J

No comments:

Post a Comment