Tuesday, October 29, 2013

This brisket is super tender! Enjoy :)


OVEN BBQ BEEF BRISKET

1 (3-4) beef brisket (make sure it’s not corned beef)

3 tablespoons liquid smoke

3 tablespoons Worcestershire

Pepper to taste

Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning

1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce

Season the brisket on both sides with pepper and steak seasoning.  Place fat side up in a large oven-proof dish.  (I like to use a disposable aluminum pan) On the fat side, pour liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over brisket.  Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for 24 hours.  Bake covered at 250 for 5 hours.  Remove foil and pour BBQ sauce over brisket and bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour.  Let  it sit about 10 minutes before cutting.

 

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, I think I will make it this weekend! Will it turn out the same color as yours in the center? I don't have a meat thermometer, but after cooking that long, it should be safe to eat, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey, Thank you so much! It will be delicious :) I really need a new picture of the brisket because I promise, It was done...the lighing in the picture wasn't that great. I am not a fan of rare meats at all. Hope you enjoy it! Happy Thanksgiving!!

      Delete