Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Homemade potato chips! This is not something I do often, but when I do, it's a real treat for me and my family :) They are delicious and so crunchy!!


QUICK HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS

2 baking potatoes scrubbed and patted dry, sliced paper thin

Vegetable oil for frying

Salt and pepper to taste

A mandolin is a must for this recipe J  you can find them at any kitchen store, and they range from very inexpensive to expensive.  I think I paid $10 for mine!  Using a mandolin will allow you to slice the potatoes paper thin….watch out for your fingers, though!  In a deep pot, pour about 3 cups of oil into it and heat the oil to about 350.  Place potatoes in a single layer (careful not to overcrowd the pot) and fry for 7 to 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.  Watch them carefully J  remove with a slotted spoon and place on a slotted rack until slightly cooled.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serves 3 to 4 people.  You may want to double the recipe because they disappear fast!  I also do this with sweet potatoes and put cinnamon and sugar on them instead of salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. There are many different ways to cook potatoes, ranging from straightforward boiling, baking, roasting and frying, to some rather elaborate recipes that call for a host of other ingredients to be added to the potato.Nice post. I read total Post. It’s really nice. Thank you for sharing.........

    Chip Stix

    ReplyDelete